MISSISSAUGA MARATHON - FEBRUARY 2014 NEWSLETTER
This month featuring:
- Chance to win a pair of Skechers - Official Footwear of the Mississauga Marathon
- Mississauga Marathon Provides Beautiful Net Downhill Route
- Why do you #RunMississauga?
- Subway® Restaurants 2K Fun Run/Walk- A Run For The Family
- Scotiabank Charity Challenge is Up and Running
- 2014 Mississauga Marathon Bonus Offers
CHANCE TO WIN A PAIR OF SKECHERS - THE OFFICIAL FOOTWEAR OF THE
The Mississauga Marathon is proud to announce Skechers Performance Division as the Official Footwear Supplier of the 2014 Mississauga Marathon. In celebration of this new partnership, the Mississauga Marathon is hosting a contest with the chance to win a FREE pair of Skechers Performance shoes! To participate, tell us why your personality and running experiences fit the Skechers brand. Videos and/or photos are encouraged to be submitted with your entry. A pair of Skechers Performance shoes will be awarded to the top male and female aged 16 or older and the top male and female entries under the age of 16. Share your story today for the chance to win! This contest will run from Wednesday, February 12th until Monday, March 24th 2014 at 5:00 p.m. This contest is open to the general public. All entries must be submitted via email to: email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, gender and age.
MISSISSAUGA MARATHON PROVIDES BEAUTIFUL NET DOWNHILL ROUTE
The Mississauga Marathon route is a beautiful net downhill course you must experience. With the Full Marathon being a Boston Qualifier, numerous runners have set personal best times on this route. Since the Mississauga Marathon started in 2004, over 1,600 runners have qualified for the Boston Marathon. In 2013, the Mississauga Marathon was rated the second fastest Marathon route to run in Canada. This stunning route is only one of many reasons to #RunMississauga. Here are a few more reasons to participate in the 2014 Mississauga Marathon:
- Mississauga Marathon hosts plenty of fantastic contests including Skechers as listed above and Cyclide which can be seen at the bottom of this newsletter
- FREE baggage check, FREE shuttle buses and FREE parking over the duration of Race Weekend
- Recharge with FREE chocolate milk at the finish line for all participants
- Stunning finishers’ medal which are specific to each event
- Live band playing at the finish area on Saturday evening and Sunday morning in Lakefront Promenade Park
- Toronto Pearson International Airport is only a 15 minute drive to our Sunday morning Start Line
- Our host hotel, the Novotel Toronto Mississauga Centre, offers unbeatable rates starting at $99 per room
- See Canada’s Favourite Mayor, Hazel McCallion on site during her last term in office
- All Mississauga Marathon registered participants are eligible for Bonus Offers from a variety of retailers valid now until the end of Race Weekend
- All participants that finish the Full Marathon, Recharge with Milk Half Marathon, Valeant Pharmaceuticals 10K participants and Starbucks Coffee Hazel 5K will be rewarded with Finishers’ Certificates
- All participants receive event t-shirts including high performance technical shirts for the Full Marathon, Petrillo Law Relay Challenge, Recharge with Milk Half Marathon and Valeant Pharmaceuticals 10K participants. Cotton shirts will be provided to all other event participants.
- The Scotiabank Charity Challenge gives you the chance to raise funds and run on behalf of one of our many local and national charities.
- Change rooms located at the finish line
- On course entertainment and cheer stations along the route
WHY DO YOU RUN #RUNMISSISSAUGA?
We want to hear what inspires you to run so we can inspire others. Above lists our reasons to run, now is the chance to share yours. Let us know why you #RunMississauga and have a chance to be the featured story in upcoming newsletters and on our social media pages. Share your story with us on twitter and be sure to use #RunMississauga.
SUBWAY® RESTAURANTS 2K FUN RUN/WALK- A RUN FOR THE FAMILY
Subway® Restaurants are once again proud to be the Title Sponsor of the Subway® Restaurants 2K Fun Run/Walk this year at the Mississauga Marathon. Subway® Restaurant brand ambassadors will be on-site at the Runner’s Expo on Friday, May 2nd and Saturday, May 3rd activating the Commit to Fit™ Spin wheel and giving out awesome Subway® Restaurant branded assets. Look out for the Monkey, who will also be on-site cheering on the runners. Subway® Restaurants will also be providing sandwiches for all volunteers. The Subway® Restaurants 2K Fun Run/Walk is a great event for the entire family. This race starts at Hiawatha Park and has activities hosted by the 2015 Pan Am/ Parapan Am Games, a variety of mascots and more all at start line entertaining everyone as they get set to start the race. The Subway® Restaurants 2K Fun Run/Walk takes place on Sunday, May 4th at 12:30 p.m. Participants are encouraged to arrive early to join the fun at the start line. Sign up your family today at: www.mississaugamarathon.com/registration.shtml
SCOTIABANK CHARITY CHALLENGE IS UP AND RUNNING
The Mississauga Marathon Scotiabank Charity Challenge is well underway and so far we have raised over $3,700! Interested in becoming a fundraiser? It’s easy! First, you MUST register for the 2014 Mississauga Marathon by clicking here: www.mississaugamarathon.com/registration.shtml. During your registration process, be sure to complete the red "Scotiabank Charity Challenge" box. A fundraising page will then automatically be created for you, which you will then receive your confirmation email.
Already registered? Simply click here: www.mississaugamarathon.com/charities.shtml. Find the charity you would like to fundraise for and click on the "Fundraise" button for the charity of your choice. Don't forget to send this page to friends and family to assist you in reaching your fundraising goal!
2014 MISSISSAUGA MARATHON BONUS OFFERS
Take advantage of the most recent Mississauga Marathon bonus offers! These offers are available to all 2014 Mississauga Marathon registered participants.
Human Kinetics- WIN $100 worth of great training books from Human Kinetics Canada. To enter, email your full name to: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be signed up for the free HK monthly electronic Endurance Newsletter and entered into the contest.
Pet Valu- Visit the Erinwood location for a FREE Dog Wash on your first visit and receive 50% off each additional Dog Wash.
Cyclide- Beginning Wednesday, February 19th. The first 50 participants to register for any event in the Mississauga Marathon will receive a FREE training program courtesy of Cyclide!
For a full listing of all Mississauga Marathon Bonus Offers and further details click here: www.mississaugamarathon.com/bonusoffers.shtml.
The Mississauga Marathon is proudly sponsored by:
The Mississauga Marathon and Nutrience Oakville Half Marathon are created and managed by
Landmark Sport Group Inc.